بودكاست التاريخ

توماس بوري

توماس بوري


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

ولد توماس بوري عام 1811. بعد تدريبه كمهندس معماري تحت إشراف إيه دبليو إن. بوجين ، أصبح بيري فنانًا. في عام 1831 تم نشر مجموعتين من المطبوعات للوحاته لسكة حديد ليفربول ومانشستر. حققت الكتب التي نشرها رودولف أكرمان نجاحًا كبيرًا وقد قيل إنها أفضل الصور المعروفة للسكك الحديدية التي تم إنتاجها على الإطلاق. على الرغم من نجاح صور السكك الحديدية الخاصة به ، لم يعد Bury أبدًا إلى هذا الموضوع خلال بقية حياته المهنية. توفي توماس بوري عام 1877.


بيري ، لانكشاير

Bury ، وهي بلدية ، برلمانية ، وبلدية وأبرشية في لانكشاير. تأسست المدينة بموجب الميثاق الملكي عام 1876 ، ولديها رئيس بلدية ، و 10 أعضاء مجلس محلي ، و 30 مستشارًا. وهي مقسمة إلى خمسة أجنحة ، ولها لجنة سلام ، وتم تمديدها بموجب قانون تحسين Bury لعام 1885. تقع Bury على نهر Irwell ، على بعد ميلين من التقاء نهر Roach ، و 8 NNW من مانشستر. تتجه قناة Bury و Bolton و Manchester إلى الجنوب الغربي ، وتتجه السكك الحديدية غربًا وشمالًا وشرقًا وجنوبيًا. يعتقد البعض أن هناك محطة رومانية كانت موجودة في موقع المدينة ، ويبدو أن الحصن السكسوني كان موجودًا هنا ، وقلعة بارونية من التاريخ المبكر كانت موجودة في Castle Croft في المنطقة المجاورة للمدينة ، وتم هدمها في عام 1644 من قبل قوات الحكومة. كرومويل. كان القصر ينتمي إلى زمن هنري الثاني. إلى John de Lacy ، ومرت على التوالي إلى Burys و Pilkingtons و Stanleys. حشد 20000 رجل في القضية الملكية في عام 1642 على مرج في الحي من قبل اللورد سترينج ، بعد ذلك إيرل ديربي.

تم وصف المدينة في عام 1738 باسم & quota little market town & quot ، ولكن لا بد أنها كانت قرية فقط ، وقد ارتفعت بسرعة إلى الحجم في ظل مؤسسة التصنيع. في السابق كانت تحتوي على مبان قديمة متهالكة ، وكان مظهرها قذرًا ، لكنها خضعت لتحسينات كبيرة بإعادة بناء المنازل ، وتشكيل شوارع جديدة ، وبناء أعمال الصرف الصحي ، وهي الآن تقدم مظهرًا جيدًا ونظيفًا ، وهي جيدة. مضاءة ومزودة بكثرة بالمياه. السوق الذي شيد عام 1840 مغطى بسقف من الحديد المطاوع والزجاج. نصب تمثال من البرونز للسير روبرت بيل على قاعدة ضخمة من الجرانيت في السوق القديم عام 1852 بتكلفة 3000 جنيه استرليني. تعد قاعة المدينة صرحًا رائعًا على الطراز الإيطالي ، وتحتوي على غرفة تجميع بطول 54 قدمًا في 36 ، وتضم دورًا للمحاكم ومكتبًا للشرطة. فندق Athenaum ، المجاور لقاعة المدينة ، الذي تم تشييده في عام 1851 ، هو مبنى جميل ، ويحتوي على قاعة 85 قدمًا في 43 ، ومتحفًا بمساحة 43 قدمًا في 30 ، وغرفًا دراسية ، ومكتبة ، وغرف قراءة. المكاتب المصرفية وبنك التوفير ومحطة السكك الحديدية والحمامات العامة والمدرسة النحوية هي مباني جيدة. كنيسة أبرشية سانت ماري ، التي قيل إنها أقيمت في نهاية القرن العاشر ، أعيد بناؤها في عام 1780 ، وأعيد بناء برج وبرج في عام 1844 ، تم تشييد المبنى الحالي في 1871-1876 بتكلفة 25 جنيهًا إسترلينيًا ، 000 ، تم رفعها عن طريق الاكتتاب. تم بناء كنيسة القديس يوحنا في عام 1770 ، وسانت بول في عام 1841 ، والثالوث المقدس في عام 1865 ، وسانت توماس في عام 1867 ، وآخرها عبارة عن مبنى على الطراز القوطي مع برج مرتفع وبرج شاهق تم بناء سانت مارك في عام 1884. كنيسة سانت ستيفن ، ويسليان الكنيسة الصغيرة وكنيسة الروم الكاثوليك هي صروح جميلة. هناك أربعة تجمعي ، وثلاثة معمدانيين ، واثني عشر ميثوديست ، وموحد ، وسويدينبورجيان ، واثنين من الكنائس الرومانية الكاثوليكية ، مقبرة (1869) ، تضم 33 فدانًا ، مع كنيستين جنائيتين ، مدرسة قواعد ، تأسست عام 1726 ، مع دخل موهوب من حوالي 800 جنيه ، وثلاثة معارض في الجامعات ، ومدرسة جوقة مرتبطة بها ، مستشفى ومستوصف ، أقيمت في عام 1882 بالاكتتاب العام ، وأراضي الاستجمام العامة ، التي تأسست عام 1886 ، ومسرح ، أقيم في عام 1889. المدينة لديها مكتب البريد ، والحوالة المالية ، والتلغراف ، ومحطتين للسكك الحديدية ، والعديد من البنوك ، والعديد من الفنادق الجيدة ، وسوق أسبوعي يوم السبت ، وثلاثة معارض سنوية ، هو مقر للجلسات الصغيرة ومحاكم المقاطعات ، وينشر صحيفتان أسبوعيتان.

كانت صناعة الصوف في السابق هي الصناعة الرئيسية في المدينة ، وما زالت مستمرة في العديد من المصانع الكبيرة. تلقت صناعة القطن في مختلف الأقسام ، والتي أصبحت الآن العنصر الأساسي ، دفعة كبيرة من ابتكارات اثنين من السكان الأصليين ، جون وروبرت كاي ، ومن مؤسسة والد الراحل روبرت بيل ، وتحتفظ في الوقت الحالي بالعديد من المصانع للغزل والنسيج ، الطباعة والتبييض والصباغة. هناك أيضًا العديد من مسابك الحديد ، وأعمال صنع الآلات ، ودور صنع القبعات ، ومؤسسات التصنيع الأخرى. السطح مرتفع ، وتنتج الطبقات الفحم وحجر البناء. أعادت المدينة في السابق عضوين إلى البرلمان ، ولكن بموجب قانون الإصلاح لعام 1832 ، فإنها ترسل الآن عضوًا واحدًا فقط إلى مجلس العموم. تشمل حدودها ، بالإضافة إلى كل بلدة Bury ، جزءًا من بلدة Elton. مساحة البلدة البرلمانية ، 4368 فدانًا ، 55،491 منطقة مقاطعة ، 6028 فدانًا ، 57212.

تشمل الرعية بلدات Bury و Eiton و Heap و Walmersley-cum-Shuttleworth و Tottington-Lower-End و Tottington-Higher-End و Musbury و Musden Head و Tripit of Ogden و Coupe Lench ، مع Newhall-Hey and هول كار. منطقة أبرشية بيري المدنية ، 2330 فدانًا من السكان ، 41.038 من الرعية الكنسية للثالوث المقدس ، 6147 القديس يوحنا ، 5945 سانت مارك ، 8344 سانت ماري ، 4480 سانت بول ، 6899 سانت بطرس ، 4409 وسانت توماس ، 4834. جزيرة سانت ماري القسيس القديس يوحنا ، القديس بولس ، الثالوث المقدس ، القديس مرقس هم نواب. يعتبر القديس بطرس وسانت توماس بمثابة كيانات دائمة ، في أبرشية مانشستر ، قيمة سانت ماري ، و 1500 جنيه من القديس يوحنا ، و 400 جنيه من القديس بولس ، و 300 جنيه من الثالوث المقدس ، و 343 جنيهًا لسانت توماس ، و 293 جنيهًا من القديس مارك ، و 300 جنيه من القديس بطرس و رطل 304. راعي سانت ماري ، إيرل ديربي ، والآخرين ، رئيس الجامعة. كانت قاعة تشامبر ، الواقعة بالقرب من المدينة ، مسقط رأس الراحل السير روبرت بيل.


تاريخ عائلة كول

لقد كنت أتتبع عائلة كول منذ أكثر من 30 عامًا ولديها معظم الرعايا في ديفون وكورنوال. هذا مجرد قدر ضئيل من المعلومات التي وجدتها حول العائلة أو العائلات التي تزوجوا فيها. لا تتردد في الاتصال بي إذا كان لديك أي استفسارات من كول من ديفون أو كورنوال. معظم كول في قاعدة البيانات الخاصة بي قبل القرن التاسع عشر باستثناء خطي المباشر. اتصل بي على [email protected]

كانوا من أكبر مالكي الأراضي في ديفون وكورنوال وسومرست وفقًا لسجلات البرلمان حتى أواخر القرن السادس عشر وأوائل القرن السابع عشر. تم منح معظم الأراضي في تسوية الزواج.

لقد وجدت زيجات لبعض العائلات المعروفة في البلد الغربي ، مثل كورتني ، أرونديل ، إدجكومب ، تريماين ، جرينفيل ، رالي ، دريك ، جيلبرت ، هيلي ، دورنفورد وموريشيد هناك المزيد.

كانت الجدة السير فرانسيس دريكس هي مارغريت كول ، وكان والدها جون أيضًا جد السير والتر رالي ، والسير ريتشارد جرينفيل ، وجوان دورنفورد ، وتزوجت جوان من عائلة إيجديكومب

لقد وجدت موقعًا إلكترونيًا رائعًا تم إنشاؤه بواسطة Howard Cole ، وله الكثير من تاريخ عائلة Cole في

صفحة الويب الخاصة بي هي معلومات وجدتها قد لا يتم ذكرها على موقع ويب هوارد.

هذه بعض التفاصيل التي وجدتها حول كول في ديفون وكورنوال

تريفينا ، التي كانت في وقت ما مقرًا لآل موهون ، هي الآن ملك جوزيف جريج. Mennabroom ، التي كانت في السابق مقرًا لـ Coles ، هي الآن منزل مزرعة ، ملك John Buller ، Esq. الحفرة هي ملكية وإقامة السيد جون راندل.

العائلات القديمة ، التي انقرض فرعها الرئيسي أو أزيل منذ عام 1620 ، ومع ذلك فإن بعض الأحفاد لا يزالون في المقاطعة.

الأسلحة: أرجنت ، ثور عابر سبيل ، ساب ، داخل حدود الثانية ، بيزانتي.

تزوج السير جورج ساوثكوت ، من شيلينجفورد ، الابن الأكبر لتوماس ساوثكوت ، من إنديهو ، من زوجته الثالثة ، من وريثة مشتركة لكول ، من باكلاند تويسينتس ، وكان سلف الراحل جون هنري ساوثكوت ، إسق ، الذي باع باكلاند ، وتوفي عام 1820.

من: "التاريخ العام: تمت إزالة العائلات منذ 1620" ، Magna Britannia: المجلد 6: Devonshire (1822) ، الصفحات CLXXIII-CCXXV. عنوان URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp؟compid=50555&strquery=Cole٪20of٪20Cornwall

هودي ، من نيثيواي ، في بريكسهام. حصل السير جون هودي ، من Stowel ، في سومرسيتشاير ، على هذا المكان بالزواج من وريثة كول ، التي كانت تقيم أيضًا في بيلسدون ، في دورسيتشاير ، وتزوج ابنه ، السير جون هودي ، كبير القضاة في مقعد الملك ، من وريثة جيوي. ، من Whitfield ، و Beerhall ، في ديفون ، استمرت نسل ابنه الأكبر في Netheway لعدة نسل. باع جون هودي ، إسق ، شركة Netheway في عام 1696 ، وترك ديفون. إدموند هودي ، طبيب من هذا الفرع ، كان من لندن عام 1750. هيو وآرثر ، وهما ابنان أصغر لكريستوفر هودي ، إسق ، من نيثيواي ، وكتب اسمهما هودي ، كانا من بريكسهام في عام 1620: وريثة هيو تزوجت بورلاند ، من دورسيتشاير ، وهودي ، من نورثوفر ، في سومرسيتشاير. كان السير ويليام هودي ، الابن الثاني لرئيس المحكمة العليا ، رئيس بارون الخزانة ، وسلف هودي بيلسدون ، في دورسيتشاير ، وكروكيرن ، في سومرسيتشاير. روبرت هودي ، إسق ، الذي كان من كروكيرن في عهد الملكة إليزابيث ، ولديه ولدان جون ، الأكبر ، الذي كان من بير هول ، (ثورنكومب ،) في ديفون ، وترك ابنة وحيدة متزوجة من بوديتش ، وكان الابن التالي سلف Hodys ، من Northover ، في Somersetshire التي كان فرعها الدكتور همفري Hody ، رئيس شمامسة أكسفورد ، الذي توفي عام 1706.

Arms of Hody: Argent ، حزب fesse ، لكل فاصل ، تم تغيير V. و S. بين كوخين.

قيل إن Carminow of Carminow في Mawgan (Meneage) ، قد استقر هناك قبل الفتح ، ولكن لم يتم تتبعه بأي يقين أبعد من عهد هنري الثالث. انقرض السلالة الذكورية للفرع الأكبر في منتصف القرن الرابع عشر ، عندما تزوجت الزوجات من أرونديل ، وتريوارثيان ، وبيتي. تزوجت أخوات الفرع الأصغر ، الذين استقروا في بوكونوك في وقت مبكر من عهد إدوارد الثالث ، من كارو وكورتيناي في الجزء الأخير من القرن الخامس عشر. استقر فرع أصغر من Carminows of Boconnoc في Fentongollan ، وأصبح يمتلك أراضي واسعة جدًا ، والتي تبددت حوالي عام 1600. هذا الفرع ، بعد فترة وجيزة ، انقرضت الزوجات المتزوجات من Salter و Cole (fn. 6). تزوجت أخوات الفرع الأصغر من Carminows of Fentongollan (التي استقرت في Resprin في St. Winnow) من Prideaux و Flamanck. هذا الفرع ، الذي ينحدر من والتر ، الابن الثالث لوالتر كارمينو من بوكونوك ، تزوج وريثة ريسبرين وشركاؤها من ترينوث وشامبرنون نيكولاس ، الابن الأصغر لهذا الفرع ، وتزوج من ولفدون. تزوجت وريثات فرع آخر أصغر سناً من عائلة فنتونغولان (التي استقرت في ترينوث) من بوشكاوين وهيرل. كان الفرع الثالث من هذه العائلة من Polmawgan في St. ، تزوجت من وريثة هيليارد. تزوج الجد المشترك للكارمينوس من وريثة رولي. تزوج فرع Boconnoc ، قبل أن تتفرع عائلة Fentongollan ، من وريثتي Glynn و Tynten. تزوج فرع Fentongollan من وريثة Resprin ووراثة Trenowth ، التي ورثت Fentongollan من Trejago.

من: "التاريخ العام: عائلات طبقة النبلاء المنقرضة" ، ماجنا بريتانيا: المجلد 3: كورنوال (1814) ، ص. CXVIII-CLXXIV. عنوان URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp؟compid=50618&strquery=Cole٪20٪20of٪20St٪20Neot

تزوج كول من وريثة كارمينو. الأسلحة: أرغ. عابر سبيل الثور ، جولز ، على حافة السمور ، ثمانية البيزانتس.

من: "التاريخ العام: عائلات طبقة النبلاء المنقرضة" ، ماجنا بريتانيا: المجلد 3: كورنوال (1814) ، ص. CXVIII-CLXXIV. عنوان URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp؟compid=50618&strquery=Cole٪20٪20of٪20St٪20Neot

بعد معالجة عائلات الكورنيش ، لاحظ الدكتور بورلاسي ، في إحدى مخطوطاته: "إنه انعكاس حزين أن ننظر إلى الوراء على العديد من العائلات العظيمة (fn. 22) التي كانت تزين سابقًا مقاطعة كورنوال ، وهي الآن لا مزيد من Grenvilles ، و Arundells ، و Carminows ، و Champernons ، و Bodrugans ، و Mohuns ، و Killegrews ، و Bevilles ، و Trevanions ، التي كان لها نفوذ كبير وممتلكات في هذه الأجزاء. العائلات الأكثر ديمومة لها فقط مواسمها ، بشكل أو بآخر ، من قوة دستورية معينة . لديهم وهجهم الربيعي والصيفي ، وتلاشيهم ، وانحطاطهم ، وموتهم يزدهرون ويتألقون ربما على مر العصور أخيرًا يتحولون إلى ضوء شاحب ، وفي أزمة عندما تذبل مجموعات الإزاحة ويذبل المخزون القديم. مفجرًا ، تختفي القبيلة بأكملها ، وتترك العالم كما فعلوا في كورنوال. هناك حدود لكل شيء تحت الشمس: لن يلتزم الإنسان بشرف. من بين كل الغرور البشري ، فخر الأسرة هو من أضعفها. القارئ ، اذهب في طريقك تأمين نا الخاص بك أنا في كتاب الحياة ، حيث لا تتلاشى الصفحة ، ولا يتغير العنوان ولا تنتهي صلاحيته ، اترك الباقي لهيرالدز وسجل الرعية ".

من: "التاريخ العام: عائلات طبقة النبلاء المنقرضة" ، ماجنا بريتانيا: المجلد 3: كورنوال (1814) ، ص. CXVIII-CLXXIV. عنوان URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp؟compid=50618&strquery=Cole٪20٪20of٪20St٪20Neot

الأبرشيات
Otterham - بروبس

يقع POUGHILL ، في مائة من ستراتون ، وفي عمادة Trigg-Major ، على بعد ميل واحد شمال غرب ستراتون. تم تسليم القصر من قبل هوبرت دي بيرغ ، إيرل كنت ، إلى دير كلايف في سومرسيتشاير: تم بيعه من قبل الملك جيمس الأول إلى جورج سالتر وجون ويليامز: يقول الدكتور بورلاسي ، إنه كان ملكًا في عصره للسيد. John Stanbury من Broomhill: هو الآن ملك Thomas Trood ، Esq. ، الذي اشتراه من الراحل John Cunyngham Saunders ، الجراح البارز في لندن ، والمعروف بمؤسسته لمستشفى لأمراض العين ، وتحسيناته في هذا القسم من الجراحة. يتألف هذا القصر فقط من ملكية تمتد على الرعية ، حيث لا تنتمي إليها أراض ولا ريع.

ويليام أوف ورسيستر ، في خط سير رحلة كورنوال ، المكتوب في عهد إدوارد الرابع ، يروي أنه في عام 1437 ، قتل نيكولاس رادفورد ، مستشار اللورد بونفيل ضد توماس إيرل ديفون ، في منزله في بوكيل ، بواسطة توماس ، الابن الأكبر للإيرل المذكور ، والذي نجح بعد ذلك في اللقب.

فليكسبيري ، في هذه الرعية ، مقر إقامة السيد رالف كول، ينتمي إلى القس تشارلز دايمان. Maer هي ملكية ومقر إقامة Richard Martyn Braddon ، Esq. Broomhill ، الممتلكات والإقامة المتأخرة لتوماس ترود ، إسق. تم بناء ريدز مؤخرًا بواسطة John Vikry Jose ، Esq. ، لمنزله الخاص.

اندلعت معركة ستراتون المعروفة في هذه الرعية ، بالقرب من بلدة ستراتون ، على تل يسمى ، من موقع إيرل ستامفورد ، الجنرال البرلماني ، ستامفورد هيل (fn. 38): في في عام 1713 ، أقيم نصب تذكاري في هذا المكان ، مع النقش التالي ، "في هذا المكان ، تلقى جيش المتمردين تحت قيادة إيرل ستامفورد إشارة بإسقاطه من قبل شجاعة السير بيفيل جرانفيل وجيش الكورنيش ، في الثلاثاء 6 مايو 1643 ، بقلم جورج لورد لانسداون ، مراقب الأسرة وأحد وزراء الخارجية الرئيسيين ". تم إزالة هذا النصب التذكاري قبل ذكرى أي شخص على قيد الحياة الآن: تمت إزالة اللوح الذي يحتوي على الكتابة إلى ستراتون ، وتم تثبيته في مقدمة منزل السوق عند إجراء بعض التعديلات في ذلك المبنى ، وتم إزالته مرة أخرى ووضعه أمام فندق Tree inn ، حيث لا يزال موجودًا.

تم بيع عشور Poughill العظيمة ، التي تم تخصيصها لديرة لونسيستون ، في العديد من حدائق Flexbury و Hollabury و Coumbe و Coumbe ، والتي تنتمي إلى George Boughton Kingdon ، Esq. الكاهن في هبة التاج.

خلال 200-300 سنة التالية ، توسعت الأسرة في ديفون ، وأصبحت مواطنين بارزين من خلال لقب الفروسية ، ومن خلال الزواج من وريثات شعارات ، وبالتالي الحصول على أرض (12). حوالي عام 1500 أصبح فرع من العائلة مقيماً في Sudbury ، سوفولك ، و ذهب فرع من تلك العائلة إلى وينشستر.

من المحتمل أن يكون CORNWALLS ، أو EVER CORNWALLIS MANOR ، والذي تم تضمينه في عام 1086 تحت القصر الرئيسي ، قد اكتسب هويته المنفصلة عندما استولى هنري الثاني على شرف Wallingford. على عكس Iver Manor ، فقد ظل مرتبطًا بالشرف حتى منتصف القرن الرابع عشر تقريبًا ، عندما تم عقده في Iver Manor ، تم ذكر هذا السيادة آخر مرة في عام 1525.

أقيم القصر في demesne في عام 1254 من قبل Richard Earl of Cornwall ، الذي قام بتخريبه إلى ابنه غير الشرعي ريتشارد كورنوال. بحلول عام 1300 ، خلف ريتشارد ابنه جيفري ، الذي تزوج مارغريت مورتيمر ، وفي عام 1328 استقر القصر على ابنهما ريتشارد وزوجته العرافة في ذيل. توفي جيفري كورنوال في عام 1335 وريتشارد في عام 1343 ، وظلت أرملته العرافة على قيد الحياة حتى عام 1349 ، عندما انتقل إيفر إلى ابنهما جيفري ، البالغ من العمر أربعة عشر عامًا ، والذي تم تعيين آلان كلافرينج وصيًا عليه في عام 1350. دخل جيفري إلى القصر عند بلوغه سن الرشد في 1357 ، وتوفي عام 1365 ، تاركًا ابنه بريان ، وهو قاصر وأرملة ، سيسيليا ، التي توفيت عام 1369. بعد وفاة بريان دون إصدار عام 1400 ، نجح شقيقه ريتشارد كورنوال ، وتركه وريثًا عند وفاته عام 1443 ، توماس كورنوال ، ابن ابنه إدموند. تمت رعاية توماس كورنوال في عام 1461 وخسر القصر ، الذي مُنح في عام 1468 ، تحت اسم كورنوالز مانور ، إلى جون شوكبورو ونيكولاس كليفي مدى الحياة. في عام 1473 ، استعاد إدموند ، ابن توماس كورنوال ، أراضي أبيه ، التي تركها لابنه توماس عند وفاته عام 1489. وفي عام 1506 ، عزل السير توماس كورنوال كورنوالز مانور إلى أمناء ، الذين استحوذ عليها ويليام هادون. توفي الأخير وتم الاستيلاء عليه في عام 1521 ، تاركًا ابنه توماس ، الذي كان الوصي عليه ويليام سوندرز قد حجب النقود عن طريق الاحتيال بسبب الملك. يبدو أن توماس هادون في عام 1540 قد رهن كورنوالز لآل وندسور ، لكنه نقل العودة إلى روبرت وولمان ، الذي نقل حقه فيه إلى إدوارد نيلسون وآخرين في عام 1568. ومع ذلك ، زعم وليام أونسلو أن وولمان نقل إليه العودة إليه ، وفي عام 1570 نفى القصر إلى جيمس هيبلثويت وبيرسيفال هادون ، وتنازل الأخير بعد ذلك بوقت قصير عن حقه فيها. ربح جيمس هبلثويت الدعوى المرفوعة لتسوية ملكية الحوزة ، ونقل القصر في عام 1591 إلى ريتشارد بارتون. بحلول عام 1617 ، أصبحت في حوزة إدوارد بعد ذلك السير إدوارد سالتر وأورسولا زوجته ، واستقر السير إدوارد الجزء الأكبر من ممتلكاته في إيفر على ابنه السير ويليام وقضيته من قبل زوجته الأولى ماري شيرلاند ، وتوفي عام 1647. بعد وفاة السير ويليام له ، نزل القصر إلى الابن الثاني للأخير ووريثه كريستوفر سالتر. على وفاة كريستوفر دون قضية في العام التالي ورثت شقيقته ووريثته إليزابيث كورنوالز. زوجها توماس كول تم تغريمه ، 20 جنيهًا إسترلينيًا باعتباره ملكيًا في عام 1649 ، وعند تسريحه في عام 1653 قام هو وزوجته بنقل حقوقهما في كورنوالز مانور إلى آن سالتر ، زوجة أبي إليزابيث. بحلول عام 1695 ، وصل القصر إلى توماس وريتشارد بيرنجر ، وتم بيعه في عام 1699 إلى برج كريستوفر ، الذي توفي عام 1728 ، عندما انتقل إلى ابنه كريستوفر. توفي الأخير في عام 1771 ، تاركًا ابنه كريستوفر ، الذي كسر الاستحقاق في عام 1778. احتفظ بكورنوالز مانور حتى وفاته في عام 1810 ، عندما خلفه ابنه ، كريستوفر آخر ، الذي كان شريفًا للمقاطعة في عام 1840. وفاته عام 1867 ، انتقلت ممتلكاته إلى نجله كريستوفر النائب لباكينجهامشير 1845 ، الذي توفي عام 1884. نجله السيد كريستوفر جون هيوم تاور هو المالك الحالي لهذه العقارات.

"أمر ، من قبل اللوردات والمشاع ، & amp ؛ ampc. أن يكون ريتشارد كول إسكواير عمدة مقاطعة سومست وأن يقوم مفوضو الختم العظيم بإنجلترا بإصدار عمولة له ، ليكون عمدة المقاطعة المذكورة ، وفقًا لذلك . "

الأبرشيات
مابي - مادن

تنتمي Heligan سابقًا إلى Hills ، ويبدو أنها حصلت عليها بالزواج من وريثة Fantleroy ، التي تزوجت وريثة Thomas Flamank. في حوالي منتصف القرن السابع عشر ، كانت هيليجان ، التي أصبحت الآن مزرعة ، مقرًا لعائلة سيلي. تم بيعها من قبل الآنسة جوليا سيلي (الآن زوجة وليام ليدون ، إسق.) إلى إي جلين ، إسق ، المالك الحالي. Tredethy ، التي كانت في وقت ما مقر عائلات May و Lang ، هي الآن ملكية ومقر إقامة Francis John Hext ، Esq. أصبحت Penwyn ، التي كانت في وقت ما مقرًا لـ Porters ، الآن ملكًا وإقامة للسيد William Cole ، الذي امتلكته عائلته لفترة طويلة

تزوج De Wenn أو Dewen of Gwinnear ، الذي تم تتبعه بثلاثة أجيال قبل عام 1620 ، من وريثة Culland والممثل الذكر الحالي لهذه العائلة هو السيد James Dewen ، الجراح والصيدلة في Marazion. السيد ف. كول ، ابن النقيب الراحل ف. كول ، من البحرية الملكية ، هو ممثل الفرع الأكبر ، من أصل أنثى.

أذرع الندى: Arg. على شيفرون - - - - ثلاث أوراق ثلاثية - - - -.

مجلة مجلس العموم المجلد 4
1 ديسمبر 1646

مطلوب هنا مجلس اللوردات.

حل ، & أمبير ؛ أمبير. أن يقوم هذا المجلس بترشيح وتعيين ريتشارد كول إسكواير ليكون عمدة مقاطعة سومرسيت: وأن المفوضين لختم إنجلترا العظيم يصدرون عمولة له ليكون عمدة المقاطعة المذكورة وفقًا لذلك.

من: 'House of Commons Journal Volume 4: 1 December 1646'، Journal of the House of Commons: volume 4: 1644-1646 (1802)، pp.732-34. عنوان URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp؟compid=23835&strquery=Cole٪20of٪20Cornwall

مجلة مجلس العموم ، المجلد 9
10 نوفمبر 1670

مرتبة ، أن السير ريتشارد كول ، وريتشارد لاميرتون ، وتوم. كونك ، يتم إرساله إلى عهدة السرجنت في الأسلحة ، أو نائبه ، لخرقهم الامتياز ، والدخول القسري إلى منزل وأرض السيد هنري سيمور ، عضو هذا البيت ، في لانراك في كورنوال والتحول عبيده خارج الحيازة

من: "House of Commons Journal Volume 9: 10 November 1670"، Journal of the House of Commons: volume 9: 1667-1687 (1802)، pp. 161-62. عنوان URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp؟compid=27217&strquery=Cole٪20of٪20Cornwall

Bury ، من Doniton في Swimbridge. كان Bury in Lapford المقر الأصلي لعائلة Bury القديمة ، والتي بقي فرعها القديم هناك في عام 1630 ، ولكن من المحتمل أنهم امتلكوا أيضًا Coleton في Chulmleigh ، والتي جاءت من قبل وريثة كول في عهد ريتشارد الثاني. ويوصف بأنه مقعدهم في زيارة Heralds عام 1620. دونيتون لاحقًا كانت ملكًا لهم. تزوجت وريثة جيفارد يو ، من هذه العائلة. توفي توماس بوري ، آخر وريث ذكر ، في عام 1804 وتزوج وريثة مشاركة لمولينو ، لكنه لم يترك أي مشكلة. ورثت أرملته عقارات Bury و Coleton إلى Richard Incledon ، Esq. ، الآن نائب أميرال الأبيض ، الذي اتخذ اسم Bury ، ويقيم في Doniton ، لكنه ليس ممثلًا للعائلة.

الأسلحة: Erm. على منعطف ، Az. ، ثلاثة فلور دي ليز ، أو.

الأبرشيات
هاكومب - هيتسلي

تقع هارفورد ، أو هيرفورد ، في مائة من إرمينغتون وفي عمادة بليمبتون ، على بعد حوالي خمسة أميال من برنت وستة من مودبري. جزء من Ivybridge في هذه الرعية.

كان القصر ، في فترة مبكرة ، ملكًا لعائلة بيفريلز ، أمراء المائة من إرمينغتون في عهد إدوارد الثالث ، إلى عائلة هارستون في فترة لاحقة لعائلة كول. في عام 1622 ، تم بيعها من قبل كريستوفر كول إلى السير ريتشارد بولر وآخرين ، الأمناء ، على الأرجح ، من أجل ويليامز ستوفورد ، الذي أصبحت عائلته مملوكة له في هذا الوقت تقريبًا. لم يتم في الآونة الأخيرة ممارسة أي حقوق مانيرية لهذه التركة. القصر ، أو القصر الاسمي ، في إيست هارفورد ، الملقب بستوفورد ، كان ينتمي ، في فترة مبكرة ، إلى ماثيو دي إيفيبريدج ، الذي أحضرته ابنته إلى ديموك. من الأخير انتقل إلى بونفيل ، وخسره المحقق. أصبح بعد ذلك ، عن طريق الشراء من التاج ، كما يفترض السير ويليام بول ، ملكًا لآدم ويليامز ، الذي كان ابنه ، توماس ويليامز ، رئيس مجلس العموم في عهد الملكة إليزابيث. كانت والدة المتحدث من عائلة بريدو ومن المحتمل أن يكون الدكتور جون بريدو ، الذي كان في وقت ما أسقف ورسستر (fn. 18) ، المولود في ستوفورد ، في عام 1578 ، من قرابة تلك العائلة ، على الرغم من أن أنطوني تحدث عنه. الخشب من أصل متواضع. يبدو أن جون ويليامز ، حفيد رئيس مجلس النواب ، قد باع ستوفورد ، في عهد تشارلز الأول ، إلى آل سافريز ، الذين أقاموا هناك لبعض الوقت. من Savery ، مرت ، قبل سنوات قليلة ، عن طريق البيع ، إلى السيد Dunsterville ، من Plymouth ومنه إلى السيد Rivers ، الذي أقام النزل في Ivybridge. وهي الآن ملك للسيد فيليب بوين ، الذي اشترى من دائني السيد ريفرز. تم هدم القصر القديم لعائلة ويليامز ، وتم بناء المنزل الحالي من قبل السيد ريفرز.

يقع هيتيسليغ ، في مائة من وونفورد وفي عمادة دانسفورد ، على بعد حوالي سبعة أميال من كريديتون ، ونفس المسافة تقريبًا من موريتون هامبتستيد.

كان القصر ينتمي قديمًا إلى Talbots. في عهد إدوارد الأول ، كان في كولز ، الذي ظل تحت حكم Talbots (fn. 67) وبعد ذلك ، على التوالي ، في عائلات لندن وشيلستون. من الأخير انتقلت من قبل وريثة أنثى إلى كالمادي. إنه الآن ملك للسيدة كالمادي ، من لانغدون هول ، في ويمبري ، وريثة العائلة المذكورة ، والتي ينتمي إليها أيضًا زعيم بيت القسيس.

مائة لفة. كان هناك العديد من اللوردات بين كول والتاج. عقد كول تالبوت ، تالبوت من بونشاردون ، بونشاردون من بولهاي ، بولهاي من كورتيناي ، وكورتيناي أوف ذا كراون ، كجزء من باروني أوكهاربتون.

Widecombe ، أو Withecombe Ralegh

WIDCOMBE ، أو WITHECOMBE RALEGH (fn. 39) ، في مائة شرق Budleigh وفي عمادة Aylesbeare ، يجاور أبرشية Exmouth ، ويتألف من جزء من تلك المدينة ، يسمى Withecombe Exmouth.

كان قصر Withecombe Ralegh ، الذي كان يُطلق عليه سابقًا Withecombe Clavill ، ينتمي قديمًا إلى Clavills ، الذي احتفظ به في وقت مسح Domesday ، وبعد ذلك ، بالنسبة للعديد من النسب ، إلى Raleghs. في عام 1756 كانت في عائلة باسيت ، التي انتقلت منها ، بالمبيعات المتتالية ، إلى جاكسون وكتلر. إنه الآن ملك إدوارد ديفيت ، إسق. ، الذي اشتراه والده في عام 1801. يقول ويستكوت أن هذا القصر كان محتفظًا به من خلال خدمة العثور على سهمين جيدين للملك عالقين في كعكة الشوفان كلما كان عليه أن يصطاد في دارتمور. (الجبهة 40)

امتلك الدراكيون ممتلكات كبيرة في هذه الرعية. يصف السير ويليام بول Rill في Withecombe Ralegh بأنه كان في عائلة بهذا الاسم ، تزوجت وريثتها من ديوك ، ووريثتا ديوك وسوكسبتش وكول. استمر جزء من هذه التركة ، في زمن السير ويليام بول ، في عائلة سوكسبتش: انتقل نصيب كول ، من قبل الورثة المتعاقبين ، إلى دريك وريموند. يتحدث السير وليام بول أيضًا عن قصر ويثيكومب ، الذي ورثه رايموند من دريك. كان الدراك ، في عام 1628 ، قصرًا ، أو قصرًا اسميًا ، في هولهام ، في هذه الرعية ، والتي قدمها روبرت دريك ، إسق ، بإرادته في ذلك التاريخ ، جنبًا إلى جنب مع بيت القسيس ويثكومب رالي ، نحو صيانة الكرازة في رعايا شرق بودلي ، ليتلهام ، ويثيكومب رالي ، وغيرها من الاستخدامات الخيرية. كانت المجموعة الأخرى في ذلك الوقت في عائلة وارن: وهي الآن تنتمي إلى أرملة السيد جون وارين. قصر برودهام وريل ، داخل قصر Withecombe Ralegh ينتمي إلى W. T. Hull ، Esq. ، الذي يقيم في Marpool في هذه الرعية. أصبحت كورتلاند ، في هذه الرعية ، عن طريق الشراء المتأخر ، مقر السير والتر روبرتس ، بارت. لقد كان بعض الوقت ممتلكات وإقامة تشارلز بارينج ، إسق. Whimsey هو ملكية ومقر إقامة إدوارد باين ، إسق.

شارع. تقع NEOT ، في مائة وعمادة من الغرب ، على بعد حوالي خمسة أميال إلى الشمال الغربي من Liskeard ، وهي مدينة مكتب بريد على بعد حوالي ثمانية شرقًا من Bodmin ونفس المسافة شمال شرق Lostwithiel. لا توجد قرية في هذه الرعية ، باستثناء بلدة الكنيسة الكبيرة. عقدت محكمة رئيس الشمامسة في هذا المكان ، حتى عام 1753 ، عندما تم نقلها إلى لوستويثيل ، ومن هناك ، في عام 1773 ، إلى بودمين ، حيث يتم الاحتفاظ بها الآن.

تقام معارض للعطلات في سانت نيوت ، في يوم اثنين عيد الفصح والخامس من نوفمبر. تقع سانت نيوت على الطريق القديم من بودمين إلى ليسكيرد. عندما تم إجراء مسح يوم القيامة ، كانت هناك كلية في هذا المكان ، ثم تسمى Neotstow التي قيل إنها كانت تنتمي في ذلك الوقت ، وفي عهد إدوارد المعترف ، إلى شرائع القديس نيوت.

لم نجد أي حساب عن قصر سانت نيوت حتى خلال الثلاثين عامًا الماضية ، حيث كان لديه ثلاثة مالكين مختلفين: تم بيعه ، من قبل المرحوم إلياس لانج ، إسق ، إلى الراحل السير جون مورسيد ، بارت. الذي كان لديه أيضًا قصر سانت نيوت باريت ، وهو على الأرجح جزء منقسم من القصر الأصلي ، والذي حصل على اسم باريت من مالكيها ، وكلاهما الآن ينتميان إلى أرملته ليدي مورسيد.

من المحتمل أن قصر Domesday في Fawintone ، الذي وصفه إيرل Moreton في demesne ، قد فهم منطقة كبيرة على ضفاف Fowey ، والتي ترتفع في هذه الرعية ، وامتدت إلى حي Fowey عند فمها. في فترة لاحقة ، كان لدى عائلة كاردينهام بالتأكيد قصر وبلدة Fowey ويبدو أنه كان هناك قصرين من Faweton ، كلاهما مختلف عن ذلك وعن بعضهما البعض ، وربما كلاهما داخل أبرشية سانت نيوت ، كواحد من لا يزال من المعروف عنها. في عهد هنري الثالث ، كان هناك قصر فويتون ، الذي كان مملوكًا لأندرو دي سوليني ، الذي انتقل عند وفاته إلى عمه جيسيري وتوفي دون مشكلة ، ورثته أخواته في شقوق. : جزء واحد مر بالزواج من Treverbyns والآخر ، عن طريق تتابع من الإناث ، حتى عهد هنري الخامس ، إلى عائلات Champernowne و Willington و Wroth (fn. 1). توفي السير ريجينالد موهون من منزل مانور في فوتن في عام 1620 (fn. 2). لم نتمكن من تتبع هذا القصر أي أقل من ذلك ، فهناك ثلاثة مساكن صغيرة من الاسم في سانت نيوت ، اثنان منها تم بيعهما مؤخرًا بواسطة E.J.Glynn ، Esq. (fn. 3) الآخر ينتمي إلى Thomas Bewes ، Esq.

كان قصر Faweton ، المعروف باسم Trenay ، ينتمي إلى عائلة Daubeny من عهد إدوارد الأول (إن لم يكن قبل ذلك) إلى عهد هنري الثامن ، عندما باعه السير جايلز دوبيني إلى جون توب ، الذي اشتراه ابنه جورج من قبل وليام بير ، إسق. (fn. 4) تزوجت أخوات بير من السير جون جريلز ، من كورت في لانريث ، وبيلوت من بوخيم. يمتلك القس ريتشارد جيرفيس جريلز جزءًا من هذا القصر عن طريق الميراث ، وقد اشترى الجزء الآخر ، الذي كان لبعض الوقت في عدة أجزاء: تم تقسيم الأجزاء حسب الفعل في عام 1722. قصر Polruan في Lantegloss ، الآن من ممتلكات ويليام راشلي ، إسق. M. P. ، سابقًا مع هذا القصر. تم ضم خزانة مائة من الغرب (fn. 5) إلى قصر Faweton ، المعروف باسم Trenay. The barton of Trenay was sold by the Tubbs to Connock we understand there are three Trenays Great and Little Trenay, united in one tenement, the property of Francis Gregor, Esq. and Higher Trenay belonging to Thomas Bewes, Esq.

The manor of West-Draynes, formerly belonging to the Carews (fn. 6) , and, at a later period to the Tillies, is now the property of J. Tillie Coryton, Esq. The manor of Pengelly belonged to Sir William Molins, who was slain at the siege of Orleans in 1428, and was inherited by the family of Hastings. In the reign of James I. it was in the Moyles: the present possessor is Francis Gregor, Esq., of Trewarthenick, who purchased it of the late Sir Lionel Copley, Bart. (fn. 7) This manor was held, in the reign of James I., by the service of providing a grey cloak for the Duke, whenever he should come into Cornwall, and delivering it at Poulstonbridge to the lord of the manor of Cabilia, whose office it was to attend the Duke with it during his stay in Cornwall (fn. 8) . A more ancient record, as printed in Blount's Tenures, assigns the service of providing the cloak to the lord of Cabilia, and that of carrying it to the lord of Pengelly. The manor of Trevegoe was in moieties, in the reign of James I. one moiety, which had been purchased by Hodge, belonged then to Matthew Veale the other, which had been in the Hungerfords, had been forfeited by attainder, and granted to Arundell, was then, by purchase from Layton, in the family of Bagott (fn. 9) : this manor now belongs to Lady Morshead. The manor of Treverbyn, which belonged to the Courtenays of Trethurfe, appears to have been dismembered: the Earl of Cork, who represents one of the coheiresses of Courtenay, possesses a small tenement of that name. The manor of Cabilla, Cabilia, or Carburrow, the property of the Honourable Mrs. Agar, (the barton of which is in Cardinham,) extends over a considerable part of this parish.

Trevenna, some time a seat of the Mohuns, is now the property of Joseph Grigg. Mennabroom, formerly a seat of the Coles, is now a farm-house, the property of John Buller, Esq. Hole is the property and residence of Mr. John Rundle.

In the parish-church are considerable remains of painted glass, containing the legends of St. Neot and other saints, as hath been already described. It is said by some of the Monkish historians, that this church was originally dedicated to St. Guevor or Guerrier, and subsequently to St. Neot, who, for many years, had led a hermit's life, and died and was buried at this place. The great tithes of this parish were formerly appropriated to the priory of Montacute (fn. 10) , in the county of Somerset: they are now, with some exceptions, the property of the Rev. R. G. Grylls, who is patron and the present incumbent of the vicarage. The tithesheaf of the manor of St. Neot-Barrett is appropriated to the repairs of the church. Two-thirds of the great and small tithes of two of the Fawtons, and some other farms, (which tithes now belong to the Duke of Bedford, and Thomas Bewes, Esq. (fn. 11) ,) were appropriated in former times to the repair of Launceston castle. There are the remains of a chapel dedicated to St. Luke, in this parish, on the borders of Alternon, a mile north-east of Dosmery pool: the ancient font remains. The estate on which this chapel stood, called Pinnock's and Luke's hills, and containing about 300 acres, has been unclaimed for many years: in 1613 it was in the Trefusis family.

John Anstis, Esq., Garter King of Arms, author of "The Black Book of the Order of the Garter," and an industrious collector of records relating to Cornwall and other counties, was born at St. Neot, in the year 1699.

Personal Ancestral File 5.2 (build 5.2.18.0) is a Windows based version of one of the most widely used genealogical management programs for home computers. The software program can be downloaded free from the Internet. PAF 5.2 does not provide genealogical data. Instead, it helps users organize their family history records. It can produce, either on screen or on paper, family histories, pedigree charts, family group records, and other reports to help users in their search for missing ancestors.

This version includes changes to the individual record to accommodate the wide variety of naming conventions used throughout the world. This version will convert PAF 3.0 and 4.0 data files to its improved file format. PAF 5.2 is also available on compact disc and includes Personal Ancestral File Companion which allows users to produce additional reports and charts.


Bury My Heart Apart from Me: The History of Heart Burial

Just as you might give a heart-shaped card to a loved one to show your affection, European royalty once bequeathed their actual hearts cut from their corpses to places they cared for. Heart burial had its high point of fashion in the 12th and 13th centuries, although it continues as a romantic funereal tradition to present day. 

This trend of heart burial coincided with Middle Ages military campaigns like the Crusades, where people were journeying far from home, and often dying there. Rather than send the whole body back, sometimes just the deceased’s heart was transported, preserved in lead or ivory boxes, often with spices to keep it from smelling too much. Also, you tend to get more prayers and venerations when you’re split up, as the religious would well know from the relics of saints. Occasionally these hearts were even buried in miniature effigies showing tiny knights in full armor. And according to Clare Gittings and Peter C. Jupp’s Death in England: An Illustrated History, “it is possible that some small monuments traditionally claimed to be the tombs of children are in fact heart monuments.”  

“The dispersed burial of monarchs and other dignitaries was common. After Henry I’s death in Normandy in 1135 from eating poisonous eels, his heart was sewn into the hide of a bull for preservation and transported back to England to be buried, while the rest of him was interred where it was. The heart of England’s Richard I — whose nickname, Couer de Lion (Lionheart), is rumored to have come from his ripping out and consuming the heart of a lion to acquire its courage — had his legendary cardiac muscle buried separately from his other remains.”  

The tomb of Richard the Lionheart’s heart (photograph by Walwyn/Flickr user)

The brave heart of Richard — a king who may or may not have eaten a lion heart in front of his court, per the 13th century outlandish legend — was buried in Rouen, France. The heart rested there from 1199 until it was exhumed in� and analyzed by scientists. While they weren’t able to find out much about his death, they did find out a lot about heart embalming, including the use of frankincense for a biblical tone along with spices, vegetables, myrtle, daisy, mint, and even some mercury.

This was a more elaborate treatment than most hearts were likely to get. As Eric Edwards of the Pitt Rivers Museum wrote in an article on their own preserved heart, charmingly kept in a crude heart-shaped lead container that was found in Christ Church in Cork in 1863, “it is thought that hearts were removed by those deemed apt for such a chore and these included butchers and cooks.” 

Illustration of a what appears to be the heart niche at Leybourne Church (via Wikimedia)

Elaborate, full-size effigies like Richard’s were not uncommon for the highest of royalty — queen consort Eleanor of Castile’s heart interred at Blackfriars in London was memorialized by a huge monument topped by a metal angel that was destroyed in the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the 16th century — but sometimes the memorials were more intimate. & # 160

Sir Roger of Leybourne who died in 1271 during the Crusades, has his heart in a tiny casket alongside one for his wife in a niche in Leybourne Church in Kent. Reportedly, Victorians opened the caskets during a restoration, and found his heart enclosed in lead. However, the second for his wife was found to be empty, likely because she remarried after his death. & # 160

To list the tiny heart burials of the Middle Ages elite would be a monumental task in itself, and to see the most striking of heart burials you have to jump ahead to the 16th century to Bar-le-Duc in France. There is one of the most haunting of heart burials, where a statue of a rotting corpse stretches its left arm up to the heavens with its heart in its hands.

This is a memorial to René de Chalon, Prince of Orange, who was killed at the age of 25 in 1544. The monument by Ligier Richier was completed in 1547, and originally the skeleton held Chalon’s very organ in a heart-shaped red box. Unfortunately, the reliquary was stolen during the French Revolution, and although the mortal terror-inducing statue remains, it just holds a heart facsimile. & # 160

As a side note, the French Revolution really was an unfortunate time for royal hearts. Louis XIV’s mummified heart was also swiped. Reportedly part of it was accidentally eaten by geologist William Buckland in 1848 when he was examining a silver locket with a strange object in it (he’d apparently put it in his mouth to figure out what it was, perhaps the way he examined rocks). Meanwhile, the heart of the dauphin Louis XVII was kept by a surgeon dissecting the young prince after his death during revolutionary imprisonment, and in 1975 it finally was relocated to the Saint-Denis Basilica in Paris where it is presented in a clear vase. 

Heart of the dauphin (photograph by the author)

Grave of Thomas Hardy’s heart (photograph by Michael Day)

While heart burial became something of an oddity by the 14th century — with just outlandish monuments like the one for the Prince of Orange sporadically created — it still made appearances. The idea of being able to be buried in multiple places at once, and the significance of the heart as a source of emotion, was part of its endurance. For example, writer Thomas Hardy’s heart is buried in St. Michael’s churchyard in Dorset, while his ashes are in Westminster Abbey, so that he is both venerated as a British literary icon and rests alongside his family. However, story has long had it that the surgeon who sliced out Hardy’s heart in 1928 stored it in a cookie tin, where his cat discovered it and had it for a meal. Rumor is that an animal heart had to be buried beneath Hardy’s monument instead, although this remains something of legend instead of fact. 

And of course, we can’t leave out Percy Bysshe Shelley. After he drowned in 1822, his friends had a makeshift funeral pyre for his body, where Edward Trelawny pulled out a macabre memento from the poet. As Bess Lovejoy wrote in in an article for Atlas Obscura: “Trelawny reported that he reached in and snatched out Shelley’s heart. (Or what he thought was the heart—some say it was more likely the poet’s liver). After a brief custody battle the heart went to Mary Shelley, who kept it in a silk bag in her desk until she died.”  

Burial place of Pierre de Coubertin’s heart in Greece (photograph by David Holt)

Heart burial still occurs, sometimes like the Middle Ages royalty to express fondness for a place. Pierre de Coubertin, who died in 1937 and was the founder of the International Olympic Committee and integral in reviving the contemporary Olympic Games, has his heart interred in Olympia, Greece. Just in 2011, the heart of Archduke of Austria and Royal Prince of Hungary Otto von Habsburg was buried in a silver urn in Hungary’s Benedictine Abbey, while his body remained in Vienna, a way to posthumously embrace both sides of his heritage. 

There is something hopeful about heart burial, where you feel that some part of you might remain with this organ, even while it has long stopped beating. And even if the bloody heart, a delicate but strong engine for your whole being that’s only a bit bigger than your fist, is just another part of your temporary being that will all someday be gone, there is something oddly romantic about giving such an important piece of you to a beloved place. 

The pyramid holding sculptor Antonio Canova’s heart in Venice’s Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari (photograph by Anna Fox)

The mourner holding the urn with Canova’s heart (photograph by rjhuttondfw/Flickr user)

The burial place of a heart thought to belong to Robert the Bruce (photograph by Andrew Bowden)


Monument to the heart of François I in the Basilique Saint-Denis in Paris (via Wikimedia)


Thomas Talbot Bury

Thomas Talbot Bury (26 November 1809 - 23 February 1877) was a British architect and lithographer. Bury was articled to Augustus Charles Pugin in 1824 and started his own practice in Soho in 1830. At various times he collaborated with other notable architects including Charles Lee (partners between 1845 and 1849), Lewis Vulliamy and A. W. N. Pugin, with whom he detailed the Houses of Parliament under Sir Charles Barry.

Bury's works included thirty-five churches and chapels, fifteen parsonages, twelve schools and twenty other large public buildings and private homes. His ecclesiastical works included St Mary the Virgin's Church, Woodlands (near West Kingsdown), Kent (1850) the chapels at Tonbridge cemetery (1856) St James's Church, Dover (1859) and St John the Evangelist's Church in Burgess Hill, West Sussex (1861–63). He also carried out a restoration of St Peter and St Paul's Church at Temple Ewell near Dover.

Bury was also known for his engravings and lithography, notably of the works of Augustus Welby Pugin and Owen Jones. He exhibited at the Royal Academy between 1846 and 1872, and was noted for the sketches he produced for Ackerman's series of lithographs and aquatints of the "Coloured Views of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway", in 1831, republished in 1976.

Bury was made a Fellow of the RIBA in 1843 and was elected vice-president in 1876. He was also a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, a council member of the Royal Archaeological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland and an associate of the Society of Civil Engineers. Bury died at his home in Cavendish Square, London and is buried at West Norwood Cemetery.

مراجع:

Tregellas, W. H. (2004). "Bury, Thomas Talbot", in Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. مطبعة جامعة أكسفورد.


من دليل النعم

of the Adelphi Silk Dyeworks, Salford

1833 :'Accidents. — An aged man named Thomas Weaville, private watchman to Messrs. Thomas Bury and Sons, of Salford, was about one o'clock on Saturday morning, dreadfully scalded under the following circumstances: —He had been ordered to superintend some silks which were being boiled in bags. The bags appearing above the surface of the water he attempted to put them down, when the pressure caused a quantity of boiling water to spirt forth, and injured him so severely that he expired on Saturday morning. An inquest was held on the body before Mr. Rutter, and a verdict of "accidental death" returned.' & # 911 & # 93

1839 Report on instances of hurricane damage: 'Early in the morning, the large octagonal chimney on the premises of Mr. Thos. Bury, Adelphi, was observed to vibrate by some workmen in the employ of Messrs. Gisborne and Wilson, and about six o'clock it fell with a loud crash. Five persons were upon the premises at the time, three of them in one of the rooms adjoining the engine-house, when the roof of the building was smashed by the coping-stones of the chimney. In a few seconds, about one half the chimney, which was originally 53 yards high, fell forward with tremendous crash, carrying down the roof and flooring of the finishing-room to the ground story, used as a boiler room, in which are two steam boilers, employed in working the steam engine. When the men saw the mass falling upon the building, they ran to the windows, and let themselves down to the ground. One man, less cautious, sprang from the window, and was a little bruised in the fall, as well as spraining both feet. Two of the hands, one of them a young man, named Gaskell, were in the boiler-house at the time the chimney fell. Two of the coping-stones fell within few inches of the place where Gaskell was standing and it is rather remarkable, that he escaped without any personal injury, his hat having been knocked off by some of the falling rubbish. Some idea may be entertained of the tremendous force of the crash, when we state that one of the large thick beams (18 inches square), of which several are placed across the building, was snapped in two in an instant. The engine was wholly uninjured, and the engine-house, a very substantial fire-proof building, received very little damage . & # 912 & # 93

1847 'An Artesian Well in Salford.—We learn that a well on this principle is now being bored by the Messrs. Mather, of Salford, for Mr. Thomas Bury, of the Adelphi, on the top of the hill at the end of Melbourne Terrace. The well is covered over by a wooden shed, under which also a small engine and the boring apparatus, which is constructed so to perform a kind of double eccentric movement. When they bore a certain depth cylinder is let down to the bottom, and the sand and other substances drawn up, when the process of boring is resumed. And this has been going on till the depth of 160 yards have been bored, without for once public attention being drawn to the subject. It is stated that less than £4 per yard would cover the cost of this immense undertaking and it is understood that the depth of 300 yards is intended to be reached. With the present depth (160 yards) the water in the well has risen to within fourteen yards of the surface, and it is expected that by the time they reach 300 yards it will rise to the top. This experiment will cost something over £1,200, and if it be correct that the main or artesian well-spring lies about 400 or 450 yards below the surface, if £5 per yard were allowed for greater depth than 300, the cost would not exceed £2,000 for the whole depth of 450 yards - Guardian.' & # 913 & # 93

1857 Sale notice: Alfred Leigh instructed by the assignees of Thomas Bury, to sell by auction, the whole of the machinery, utensils, &c. for Silk. Cotton, and Worsted Dyeing, &c., on the premises known asthe Adelphi Silk Dyeworks. & # 914 & # 93

1858 Sale notice: 'Preliminary Notice. — Highly Important to Silk, Cotton, and Worsted Dyers, &c. ALFRED LEIGH begs to intimate that he will SELL BY AUCTION, about the middle of the ensuing month of January, 1858, the premises known as Adelphi Silk Dyeworks, situate in Adelphi-street, Salford, by order of the assignees of Mr. Thomas Bury, and without reserve, the Valuable MACHINERY, &c., comprising six hydro-extractors, with baskets, 2ft. 6in., 3ft. 4in., and 3ft. 6in. diameter, Seyrig's patent hydraulic press, with 8in. ram, pair of double pumps, and two cast-iron carriages, lined with copper, on cast-iron railway very powerful stretching machine, with four arms and gearing complete five large-sized copper pans, with grate bars and fixings several large-sized cast-iron cisterns round and square cast and wrought iron pans lead pan, 4ft. 4in. by 2ft. lOin. 4ft. deep, copper bottom block-tin pan, 3ft. by 2ft. by 2ft. 8in deep, with copper bottom ten capital stone cisterns, &c. —Further particulars, with date of sale, will be given in future advertisements and meanwhile, for further information, application may be made to Francis Hernaman, Esq., official assignee, 69, Princess-street Messrs Chew and Son, solicitors, Swan-street or to the Auctioneer, at his offices, 47, Princess-street, Manchester. & # 915 & # 93


16th - 19th century

In 1788, the manors of Lilley, Putteridge and Horwellbury were sold to John Sowerby Esquire a wealthy merchant of Hatton Garden. The silver lion from his crest can still be seen on many Lilley cottages.

In 1808 a serious fire destroyed the entire mansion and most of the furnishings, but in 1812 the mansion of Putteridge was rebuilt, in Regency style, half a mile north of Thomas Docwra’s old manor house (on present site).

The clock Tower made in 1841 by Gatwards of Hitchin, stands on the old stables and indicates that the previous house was built further south than the present house. The Sowerbys were renowned naturalists and horticulturalists and it was early that century that the grounds were laid out in their present form.

In 1868 the estates passed to George Sowerby. He is pictured above with his wife Emily.

A tragic event happened in 1888 when he was killed by an Egyptian stag in Putteridge Park (a copy of the report of the inquest in the Luton Times and Bedfordshire Advertiser, 10 August 1888 – can be seen at Putteridge Bury).


“We Will Bury You”

About the capitalist states, it doesn't depend on you whether or not we exist. If you don't like us, don't accept our invitations, and don't invite us to come to see you. Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!

As a consequence of his speech, the representatives of twelve NATO nations and Israel walked out of the room.

At the time, many Americans saw the statement as a nuclear threat, but it&rsquos unlikely that this was the intent. In 1963 in Yugoslavia, Mister Khrushchev referred to his 1956 statement, saying,

I once said, &ldquoWe will bury you,&rdquo and I got into a lot of trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.

How&rsquos that workin&rsquo for ya?

It&rsquos a truism that governments tend to be both arrogant and presumptuous. They come up with changes that will benefit them, then concoct flimsy excuses as to why the changes are good for all concerned. The public swallow the pill, so the government assumes that the public believed the flimsy excuse. Over time, the government becomes convinced that their powers of persuasion are greater than they are, since they continue to get away with changes that do not benefit all.

Eventually, though, the public are stripped of their freedoms to such a degree that they lose patience with the flimsy excuses. It turns out that a significant percentage of them never fully believed them, but swallowed each pill in order to get along. In addition, the public&rsquos standard of living and quality of life are eventually also stripped away to a great enough degree that they lose patience.

Each of these is an important factor in an underlying disaffection that grows until it becomes a major force that may well be unstoppable if it blows. Amongst the people, it tends to be felt rather than seen and, of course, is felt less by those who created it, due to their ever-increasing arrogance and presumptuousness.

This is the stuff that makes revolutions. Whether they be armed conflicts or simply a refusal to vote for the status quo, as has been observed recently in the UK (Brexit), the US (the presidential election), and Italy (the referendum), governments tend to scratch their heads in disbelief when an outcome that they thought was assured proves incorrect.

Historically, when this happens, most leaders fail to see the warning signs for what they are. They instead double down their efforts to push through their programme of freedom and wealth removal, under the assumption that the warning signs were an anomaly&mdasha one-off glitch that won&rsquot be repeated.

Recommended Links

&ldquoAmerica is Ground Zero&rdquo&hellip (During Trump&rsquos first term?)
A multimillionaire and legendary investor&rsquos urgent broadcast is now live… It reveals why a financial shock far greater than 2008 could strike America during Trump's first term. And how it could either wipe out a big part of your savings… or be the fortune-building opportunity of a lifetime. This special presentation won't be online for long. Click here to watch it now.

When the wheels start to come off

This is the point at which divergence between a government and its people becomes manifest. In the early stages, the symptoms that the public demonstrate are not dramatic. Although there may be violent outbursts by small groups (either spontaneous or organized), the real danger is demonstrated less obviously. The average person&mdashthe housewife, the gas station attendant, the hairstylist&mdashbegins to perform small acts of civil disobedience. Whilst they may continue to pay lip service to &ldquoGod and country&rdquo and &ldquothe powers that be,&rdquo they increasingly disobey laws in small ways, which increases a contempt for the government that may eventually turn to hatred.

We&rsquore witnessing this development in its formative stages in both the EU and the US. Each government is charging ahead at full steam with its manipulative programmes, even as the people themselves have begun to dig in their heels and are voting for a reversal of events. Typically, in such instances, governments regard their people as gnats to be swatted&mdashagain going under the assumption that they are merely observing an anomaly. The people then dig in harder. In the next stage, the government redoubles its controls over those who protest, and the divide increases.

The question then becomes dependent upon whether major events occur. If the government backs off a bit, the majority of people tend to do the same, but if there are major events in play, such as warfare, economic instability, food shortages, etc., they may well be the spark point that sets off the already warm powder.

Today we can observe the EU and US governments trying to force situations regarding loss of freedoms, diminished income, unwanted immigration, and warfare upon peoples whose objections have been growing louder. It would be at this point that Mister Khrushchev&rsquos prediction that &ldquoYour own working class will bury you&rdquo may begin to come to pass. If so, we can anticipate that, once the EU and US have provided the shovel, Russia and China will assist in the burial.

Most of us have not personally lived through a revolution (violent or otherwise). We tend to imagine revolution as an entire nation of people leaving their homes and workplaces and taking up arms against their government. We understandably say to ourselves, &ldquoThat couldn&rsquot possibly happen here,&rdquo and we are correct. However, historically, that&rsquos not the way revolutions manifest themselves. In actual fact, those who are active in any revolution tend to be small in number, often less than 5% of the population. Predictably, they tend to be young, with little to lose.

So, how has revolution been successful in so many cases where the government was better armed, better organized, and had control of the supply chain?

The key lies, again, in Mister Khrushchev&rsquos statement.

In 1917, the Russians that joined the riots in Petrograd were only a tiny minority of the Russian population. Their success would not have been possible had they not had the advantage of public support, including many in the military. The average Russian believed that the rioters were right and quietly provided assistance as needed.

In 1958, a ragtag group of Cuban guerillas marched from the Sierra Maestra to Havana. On their way, they met government resistance, but, due to the support they received from the average Cuban (and some in the military), they overcame any opposition as they proceeded to the capital. By the time they reached Santa Clara, President Batista realized that the jig was up and hightailed it out of Cuba. The small group of rebels came into Havana unopposed, to the cheers of the populace.

&rsquoTwas ever thus

Of course, other revolutions took far longer to resolve, such as the American Revolution. But again, in each case, the success of the revolution would have been highly unlikely were it not for the quiet support from the average person whose only motivation was being fed up with the repeated removals of freedom and wealth. (In other words, the minuteman could achieve little on his own, but he gained power through the backup support provided by his neighbours.)

We cannot say what the fate will be for the EU and US&mdashwhether their respective governments will find the means to ride out the building storm of disaffection by their peoples, or whether they will ultimately crumble. But, if it&rsquos the latter, it is likely that they will do so as a result of disaffection from within, rather than attack from without.

Editor&rsquos Note: نيويورك تايمز best-selling author Doug Casey thinks a financial shock far greater than 2008 could strike America during Trump's first 100 days in office.

It could either wipe out a big part of your savings… or be the fortune-building opportunity of a lifetime.

This is exactly why Doug and his team put together a time-sensitive video explaining how it could all go down. Click here to watch it now.


Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900/Bury, Thomas Talbot

BURY, THOMAS TALBOT (1811–1877), architect, was descended from a Worcestershire family, afterwards settled in the city of London. He was born on 26 Sept. 1811, and was articled in 1824 to Augustus Pugin. Among his fellow-pupils were Messrs. Ferrey, Dollman, Shaw, Lake Price, Nash, Walker, and Charles Mathews the actor. He commenced practice in Gerrard Street, Soho, in 1830 and, in addition to his architectural practice, was often engaged in engraving and lithographing his own and other architects' drawings, notably those of Pugin and Owen Jones. He was particularly skilful in colouring architectural studies, and his aid in this respect was often sought by the most eminent architects of the day when they were engaged in preparing designs for competition. In 1847 he published his 'Remains of Ecclesiastical Woodwork,' illustrated by himself and in 1849, his 'History and Description of the Styles of Architecture of various Countries, from the Earliest to the Present Period.' He was engaged with Pugin in designing the details of the houses of parliament under Sir Charles Barry. He frequently exhibited his works at the Royal Academy between 1846 and 1872 and sent to the International Exhibition of 1862 a large picture representing, at one view, all the churches, schools, public and other buildings erected by him. This fine drawing is now preserved as a record at the Institute of British Architects. Among his principal works were 35 churches and chapels, 15 parsonages, 12 schools, and 20 other large public buildings and private residences in various parts of England and Wales. He was elected an associate of the Institute of British Architects in 1839, and a fellow in 1843. In 1876 he was elected a vice-president. He was in 1863 made a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, and was also a member of the council of the Royal Archæological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, a member of the Cambrian Archæological Association, and an associate of the Society of Civil Engineers. His collections of architectural and antiquarian books, his pictures, drawings, cabinets, and armour, were sold at Christie's in the autumn of 1877. On 23 Feb. 1877 he died, a widower and childless, and was buried at Norwood Cemetery.

[Redgrave's Dictionary of Artists of the English School Journal of the Archæological Institute Archæologia Cambrensis Transactions of the Institute of British Architects Builder, 1877.]


Bond, Thomas (1) 1597-1659***

ي amestown was founded by Captain John Smith and a small group of English colonists. It might be well to note that the first Negroes were brought to Jamestown and the new America in 1619.


تي
homas Bond lived at Bury St. Edmunds. He had a will that was dated November 8, 1658 and was proved the 10 th of March, 1659 at the Prerogative Court of Canterbury in London. Thomas Bond was to marry Elizabeth Woods in England in about 1620 as the first Pilgrims were to arrive in America.


تي
he children of Thomas and Elizabeth Woods Bond were: Thomas (baptized September 22, 1622), John (baptized February 5, 1624), William (baptized September 3, 1625), Henry (baptized April 5, 1628), Elizabeth (baptized March 12, 1630), Francis (baptized May 31, 1632), May (baptized January 31, 1636), and Jonas (baptized August 5, 1638).

It is important to include other events of this time which led to a new home for this line of the Bond family.

The Spaniards had arrived in America and reports of their finding riches, including gold and silver, had spread across the seas to the whole world. The Pilgrims were to leave Southampton, England in 1620 by way of Plymouth, England to arrive in the New World late December of this same year. This was the beginning of “New England”.

Without going into all of the details already covered in history books, religious beliefs were reasons for the “Puritans”, Protestants who wanted to worship in their belief rather than that of the Catholic Church, to “escape” their homeland in search of a new land in which to worship as they preferred.

Two groups of English people were the first to establish “New England”. The “Cavaliers” were to land and make their home in Virginia. The “Puritans”, our ancestors, were to arrive in the Massachusetts area.


تي
hree children of Thomas and Elizabeth Woods Bond were to arrive in America with Winthrop’s Fleet in 1629 or 1630. A son Thomas would have been about seven years old, a son John was five, and William may have been about four years old. All three children were baptized in St. James Church in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk County, England.

One writing tells us that William, and perhaps the other two children, was brought to America by his aunt Eliza, wife of Ephraim Child.


W e know that Thomas and Elizabeth were to have five more children, after John, Thomas, and William, all born in America.

Because of conditions in England at this time, it is believed that Thomas and Elizabeth may have arrived in New England before the arrival of their three children who were left in the charge of their aunt until the appropriate time for them to join their parents in America. This information is sure to be found after a search into Winthrop’s Fleet passenger lists.


شاهد الفيديو: توماس شيليي الكبرياء المراة أقوي رد (قد 2022).